econsult logo

Click here for eConsult 

Watch this video for more information about how eConsult works 


To help us make the most accurate diagnosis and give you the most appropriate treatment, please submit photos with your eConsult. If we don't receive photos, you may be asked to submit another eConsult with photos attached. Please do NOT submit any photos of intimate areas. Parents who are submitting eConsults on behalf of their children are asked NOT to submit intimate photos, even for common symptoms such as nappy rash. If the affected area needs to be seen, a video call will be conducted or in some cases, your child may need to be seen in person. Please remember that any photos sent will form part of your medical record. 

For guidance on how to submit a photo, please see the video below: 


What is eConsult

eConsult is the most widely used digital triage tool in NHS primary care, built by NHS GPs for NHS patients, designed to enhance patient access, improve practice efficiencies and signpost patients to the right place at the right time for their care. The benefits to our patients are:

  • Available from our website 24/7 (except bank holidays)
  • No need to call us
  • Complete a questionnaire with your query, even attach photos if required (please don’t send photos of intimate areas).
  • Reviewed by a GP first who will direct your query to the most appropriate member of the team, be that a GP with specialist interest, nurse, ANP or a member of the admin teams.
  • Safe and secure online platform approved for us by the NHS. More information on how they keep your information secure is available here -

Fit Notes/Sickness Certificates

You do not require a doctor's sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less.

Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.

 Evidence that you are sick

If you are sick for more than seven days, your employer can ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (Statutory Sick Pay).

It is up to your employer to decide whether you are incapable of work. A medical certificate, now called a 'Statement of Fitness for Work’ (see below) from your doctor is strong evidence that you are sick and would normally be accepted, unless there is evidence to prove otherwise.

 How to request a 'Fit Note'?

If you need a new or repeat fit note, please submit an e-Consult, giving as much information as possible. The signed document will be sent to the email address submitted as part of the e-Consult.

If you need a sick note to cover you for time off due to COVID-19 please request this using the following link:

Travel Insurance Claim Forms

We are not issuing travel insurance claim forms related to Coronavirus. Government advice about self-isolation and overseas travel has been very clear to all employers and insurance companies. Please give your employer or insurance company the following government information as evidence. 


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website