The Hub has moved to Botley
We are pleased to announce that we are now able to offer additional routine appointments with a GP or Practice Nurse in the evenings, at weekends and on Bank Holidays at Eastleigh Southern Parishes (ESP) Hub.
We are working together with local practices (Blackthorn Health Centre, Bursledon Surgery, Hedge End Medical Centre, St Luke's and Botley Surgery and West End Surgery) under the umbrella of Eastleigh Southern Parishes Network (ESPN) Ltd, funded through West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) to offer extended access appointments to allow patients who find it hard to access their GP during core hours.
Visit their website here.
The service is by appointment only and can only be booked directly through your GP practice by telephoning 01489 783422.
Currently the appointments are between 6.30pm and 8.30pm Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm on Saturdays and between 9am and 1pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
All of the appointments are provided at Botley Medical Centre, Mortimer Road, Botley, Southampton SO32 2UG.
Please ask our staff about appointments at the Hub.
Based on patient feedback we've made the following improvements
- We have upgraded our phone and phone line systems, allowing patients easier access when contacting the Surgery. The new system will inform patients where they are in the queue and the approximate wait time before their call will be answered. This information will also enable us to increase our staffing levels to respond to changes in demand throughout the week.
- We have launched a new mobile compatible website, offering more information to patients regarding the services we offer and how to access them.
- We have created new patient leaflets (see links below), giving patients more information regarding our services and how to access them.
- eConsult is now available, enabling more doctor access for online consultations. Click the eConsult banner on our home page to try it now.
- Routine GP appointments are available to be booked from 14:00 daily for 14 days in advance.
- Our same day Urgent care service has been reviewed providing a centralised urgent care team across all our surgeries. Please phone from 08:00 to 10:30 and reopen at 14:00 to 17:00 for same day, urgent care.
Read Our New Patient Information Leaflet
Please see our practice leaflets below for information regarding our surgery:
St Luke’s Surgery Practice Leaflet
Botley Surgery Practice Leaflet
Extended Hours Appointments
Living Well Partnership offers extended hours appointments in the evenings with GP's, Nurses and Healthcare Assistants.
Face to face and telephone appointments are available.
For more information or to book an extended hours appointment, please speak to reception.
Join our Patient Participation Group (PPG)...
Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) were developed as a means to extend patient involvement in ways that encourage people to engage with the NHS. PPGs bring together those patients who take an interest in healthcare with representatives from their local practice. St Luke's and Botley PPG works in partnership aiming to continually improve the patient experience, ensuring services, plans, and activities respond to patients needs and priorities. The PPG is open to all patients registered at the practice and all practice staff.
Following a successful CQC inspection In August 2018, St Luke's and Botley surgeries are now out of special measures.
The final report reflecting the findings of this visit has now been made available to the public and can be viewed by clicking here.
We are continuing to work hard to improve the service we offer our patients.