Farewell to Dr Birch
Dr Nadja Birch left the Living Well Partnership on the 9th April 2019, after working at St Luke's and Botley surgeries for over 13 years. Dr Birch has very much enjoyed her time at St Luke's and will miss patients and staff alike. She has decided she would like to spend more time with her young family and therefore has stepped down from her role as Partner.
Please be assured that the Partners, GP's and the clinical team of the Living Well Partnership will be working at St Luke's and Botley surgeries to cover Dr Birch's clinics.
We would like to wish Dr Birch all the very best for the future.
Based on Patient Feedback We've Made The Following Improvements
- We have upgraded our phone and phone line systems, allowing patients easier access when contacting the Surgery. The new system will inform patients where they are in the queue and the approximate wait time before their call will be answered. This information will also enable us to increase our staffing levels to respond to changes in demand throughout the week.
- We have launched a new mobile compatible website, offering more information to patients regarding the services we offer and how to access them.
- We have created a new patient leaflet (see links below), giving patients more information regarding our services and how to access them.
- eConsult is now available, enabling more doctor access for online consultations. Click the eConsult banner on our home page to try it now.
- Routine GP appointments are available to be booked from 14:00 daily for 14 days in advance.
- Our same day Urgent care service has been reviewed providing a centralised urgent care team across all our surgeries. Please phone from 08:00 to 10:30 and reopen at 14:00 to 17:00 for same day, urgent care.
Read Our New Patient Information Leaflet
St Luke's Patient Leaflet
Botley Patient Leaflet
Click on the link above for a downloadable patient information leaflet for either St Luke's or Botley Surgery.
Evening and weekend appointments
If you are registered with a GP practice in Southampton, you can now get an appointment with a doctor or nurse from 8am to 8pm every weekday (including bank holidays), 8am to 4pm on Saturday and 8am to 2pm on Sunday. This appointment will be at one of the hubs throughout the city.
These appointment slots are for a variety of different clinics and can be booked through your GP practice when they are open or by phoning NHS 111 if your practice is closed. NHS 111 is free to phone and available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Following a successful CQC inspection In August 2018, St Luke's and Botley surgeries are now out of special measures.
The final report reflecting the findings of this visit has now been made available to the public and can be viewed by clicking here.
We are continuing to work hard to improve the service we offer our patients.